It's here! R4 from Exponential Audio is the reverb plugin you've been waiting for. It's the character reverb that takes the best features of your favorite hardware reverbs, adds a whole new bag of magic, and puts it all into a fully-modern workflow. The result is a sound that comes from deep in the past and helps take you and your projects into the future.
Here are just a few of the things you'll find in R4:
- A character reverb that outdoes all the classics
- 6 independently-selectable types of EQ for input, early reflection, and reverb tail.
- Early and tail EQ can be dynamically modulated. Whether a subtle pulsation or a sweeping notch, modulated EQ is a powerful new weapon in the producer's toolkit.
- R4 retains the Chorused Hall of earlier Exponential Audio plugins. And it adds a second Hall with density modulation that adds motion to the tail without adding pitch change. Of course, you can add pitch modulation on top if you want it! These halls are the perfect solution for sparse or sterile mixes and solos.
- There's also a Plate and Chamber; updated from R2.
- Multiple early-reflection patterns
- Warp section with compressor/expander and overdrive
- Pre-delay and reverb delay now adjustable by tempo
- Tail suppression circuit for more dynamic response
- Gated reverb effects
- Over 1200 presets
- Helpful tool-tips to guide new users.
- Freeze function to capture the reverb tail and run it forever.
- Industry-leading CPU efficiency--run as many reverbs as you want.
R4 is available for $299/€289, with very special upgrade pricing for existing Exponential Audio customers (existing customers should have already received an email. If not, go here). The introductory period runs through March 24 and the discount is $150.
You can learn more about R4 by going to the regular product page. A free demo is available by clicking the "Try" button. You can visit the in-depth page to hear examples and see who's already using it.