On March 10, Exponential Audio will release a new reverb that combines past, present and future in powerful ways. R4 might even be called "Reverb Royalty". You can learn more at Exponential Audio (and hear audio examples), but here are features at a glance.
- A character reverb that outdoes all the classics
- 6 selectable types of EQ for input, early reflection, and reverb tail.
- Early and tail EQ can be dynamically modulated.Whether a subtle pulsation or sweeping notch, modulated EQ is a powerful new weapon in the producer's toolkit.
- R4 retains the Chorused Hall of earlier Exponential Audio plugins. And it adds a second Hall with density modulation that adds motion to the tail without adding pitch change. Of course, you can add pitch modulation on top if you want it! These halls are the perfect solution for sparse or sterile mixes and solos.
- There's also a Plate and Chamber; updated from R2.
- Warp section with compressor/expander and overdrive
- Pre-delay and reverb delay now adjustable by tempo
- Tail suppression circuit for more dynamic response
- Freeze button. Click the button, and the contents of the reverb go into an infinite mode that goes on as long as you like
- Gated reverb effects
- Over 1200 presets
- Helpful tool-tips to guide new users.
$299USD/€289EU with a free 21-day trial available. Publicly available on March 10, 2017, with special pricing for existing Exponential Audio customers.