Advanced Surrounds from Exponential Audio Coming Soon
Stratus and Symphony: Two New Plugins from Exponential Audio
Over the last few years, Exponential Audio has taken the leading position in multichannel reverberation. In just a few short weeks, that lead is going to get a lot longer. Say hello to Stratus and Symphony. These new plugins build on everything that's come before from Exponential Audio.
Our new reverbs address two issues - the ability to be more creative than ever before with post sound and yet the ongoing debate about intelligibility, we thought long and hard about both and want to give post sound professionals the tools to achieve both things. We believe Stratus and Symphony tick both boxes.
Just think about this:
- Channel counts up to 7.1 in the basic version. Up to Atmos, 22.2 and other formats with the 3D option. 3D is described later on this page.
- Expanded EQ, building on the popular NIMBUS and R4 architectures. Symphony even allows you to modulate EQ in real time, using a pair of built-in oscillators.
- Dense and powerful early reflection control -- twice as dense as PhoenixVerbSurround and R2Surround. There's a unique reflection pattern from every input to every output. You'll never worry about compatible fold-down.
- Speaking of decorrelation, every single reverb channel is decorrelated. You don't have to worry about color changes when that mix comes down to stereo--or mono.
- Dynamic control with tail-suppression (expanded from NIMBUS/R4). Your mix will keep itself clear.
- Warp, to add even more timbral and dynamic control. Carry those hardware reverbs to the dumpster.
- More stem options. Not only can you have mono-in/surround out. You can easily generate a surround reverb from LCR input. That's just one example.
- Optional tempo control of predelay and reverb delay. Rhythmic score? You'll be surprised how much pop you can add without needing a calculator by your side.
- There's more, but let's save a few surprises for your demo.
CPU Efficiency: There are no reverbs on the market that do so much with so little demand on your CPU. Stratus and Symphony carry that efficiency forward, even shutting off unused channels if no audio is present. No other plugin manages to give you back so much of your CPU.
Easy to use: We know that the deadline for a show comes fast. The last thing you want to do is click all over a GUI trying to do something simple. What you need most is right there--and you've got over 1500 presets to get started. If you like a deep dive, then there's a huge amount of power under the hood. And it's still easy to find. Our quick zoom feature allows you to double the size of the GUI--a nice feature for 4K monitors 3 meters away.
Proven in the real world:
The base version of the plugin might be enough for you. But if you work in immersive audio, whether Atmos, Auro, DTS-X, Imax , NHK 22.2 (or something else), you'll want to think about the 3D option. This option gives you licenses for the base versions and also gives you the 3D version of the plugins. Here are some of the extra features -- all in a single instantiation of the plugin.
- All features of the base version.
- Atmos Bed (7.0.2 or 7.1.2 ) in Pro Tools 12 and Nuendo 7.1/8
- Special extensions to extend the Atmos Bed to add 4 additional height channels (Pro Tools 12 only).
- Special extensions to extend other surround formats (5.1, 7.1, etc) to add 4 or 6 additional height channels (Pro Tools 11 or 12).
- Auro 3D (9.1, 11.1, 13.1) and NHK 22.2 in Nuendo
- Session compatibility with base version. If you've build a session with the base version, you can upgrade and the old session will still work--allowing you to add height channels to existing work
Note: Immersive audio is currently supported only in Pro Tools (AAX) and Nuendo 7.1/8 (VST3). We'll keep our eye on other workstations.